When choosing a cabinet system for your garage, it is vital to first determine what dimensions you need.
In terms of the height of your garage cabinets, there are many key factors to consider, such as the total height of your garage and whether the cabinets will be installed on the wall or standing on the floor.
This article is your resource for choosing the best height for your garage cabinets. We take you through everything you need to know, including the key factors to consider and the standard height for garage cabinet systems.
Read on to learn why Garage Experience is the ideal manufacturer for your garage cabinets!
Standard Height of Garage Cabinets
When it comes to the standard height of garage cabinets, it depends on the style of cabinet.
In general, garage cabinets can be divided into three categories:
- Tall Standing Cabinets: Tall standing cabinets stand on their own against a wall in your garage. These types of cabinets are typically between 70” to 80” in height, with 72” being the most common height among standard tall cabinet designs.
- Short Standing Cabinets: Short standing cabinets are the same as tall standing cabinets, except they are usually around half the height. These cabinets can range from 30” to 40” in height.
- Wall-Mounted Cabinets: Wall-mounted cabinets are essentially short cabinets that have been installed to hang on the wall. This type of cabinet is usually a little bit smaller, ranging between 18” to 24” in height on average.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Height for Your Garage Cabinets
If you are unsure what depth to choose for your custom garage cabinets, we are here to help!
Here are three key factors to consider when choosing a garage cabinet depth:
- Available Space: When picking out a garage cabinet system, it is important to assess how much available space you have in your garage currently. This should include measurements of the space where you plan to put the cabinets. Make sure to measure not just the height but also the width and depth of the space as well.
- Storage Needs: What types of items you plan to store in your cabinets can greatly affect the height you will need. Small objects can be stored in shorter cabinets, while larger objects or pieces of equipment will likely need more space in a tall cabinet.
- Cabinet Design: Garage cabinets come in a wide variety of designs for you to pick from, including some that have both tall and short components. Choosing your ideal design will help you determine what height or heights you need.
Why You Should Have Custom Design Cabinets Built for Your Garage
Custom garage cabinets are designed to fit in your garage according to your exact specifications.
By choosing to have your garage cabinets custom-made, you can ensure that your garage’s storage system is precisely what you want and need. Plus, custom cabinets give you the most control over the materials, color, and design of the final cabinet solution.
At Garage Experience, our custom garage cabinet solutions are designed to your exact specifications.
Before beginning any new project, we carry out a thorough consultation to learn all about your wants, needs, budget, and more. Our team then uses 3D design technology to create your dream garage cabinets according to your exact height, depth, width, and design specifications.
Garage Experience services clients all over Fairfield and Westchester Counties in Connecticut.
Plus, we offer a 10-year manufacturer warranty and professional installation services upon completion.
Call Garage Experience today for an initial consultation.